Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Memories

So I come from a rather large family. When it was all said and done my parents had three boys and three girls. The Brady Bunch we were not. With the exception of one younger sister my other four siblings were all older than me. Growing up in a large family has its cons- privacy being issue number one. But thats not to say that the cons outweigh the pros. Looking back over the years memories involving different members of my family stand out more than others for one reason or the next. Unfortunately, as time has moved on I have perfected the art of blocking out all the "bad" memories, and as a result losing quite a few "good" ones along with them. Nothing is ever black and white. The "good" and the "bad" are intertwined together, inseparable, without one the next could never be. This is a hard lesson to learn.

A little while ago, I began journaling memories distinctive of each one of my siblings. Each entry included one good memory along with one bad one. I have decided to share my journal entries here on this blog over the next few days. I hope that in sharing, I will be able to finally hold onto what is good about my past and begin to accept that which I would rather forget.

1 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

i"ll take the walk with you...i'm here, to listen.

Post a Comment